A talented member of the Wayfarers has developed a Digital Brevet Card mobile application that replaces the traditional Brevet card - if it takes off, this is the just the beginning.... our collective imagination is the limit!
So, if you'd like to try the digital brevet card as well as or instead of the traditional paper version, read on.....
First you need to download the application from your favourite market
How does it work?
- The first time you start the app, you need to put your e-ticket number in - you can either scan the QR code on the E-ticket or input the number below it. (Your e-ticket will have been emailed to you when you registered for the Randonnee)
- After you have registered into the Randonnee at your starting checkpoint (or the 08:00 Ferries from Southampton or Portsmouth), scan the QR code for that checkpoint - you will find this at the checkpoint, and will be visible. You're off...
- As you arrive at each checkpoint, scan the QR code for that checkpoint.
- When you arrive back at your starting checkpoint, and completed the Randonnee, scan the QR code again to complete the Brevet Card.
- Show the checkpoint staff who will issue you with a Certificate..... don't forget to buy your badge!
What information do we collect?
We do not collect or store any personally identifiable data through the application. We will ask you for your Randonnee registration number to register your use of the application, and which route you intend to do and this will be stored outside the mobile application. Each time you scan a QR code at a checkpoint, we will store the time you scanned and your registration number and this also will be stored outside the mobile application.
How do we use the information?
The information we collect will only be used by our mobile application.
What information do we share?
We will not share any information with 3rd parties.
Google Play and the Google Play logo are trademarks of Google LLC.