On the Day
A Checklist to make the most of the event on the day
Safety First - Remember that the Randonnee is NOT A RACE and IS NOT A SPORTIVE. It's a family event, on open roads for all to enjoy.
Changes for 2018...
- We have moved the Whitwell Checkpoint to Ventnor Rugby Football Club where there will be much more space for the participants, and off the main road. Please watch out as you cross on-coming traffic to get onto the site.
- Wightlink will be putting on some additional sailings for the Randonnee on Sunday, 6 May 2018: Lymington-Yarmouth 08:15; 18:15 and Yarmouth-Lymington 09:20; 19:20, as well as additional bike capacity on most sailing!
- There has been a change of policy on the Cowes floating bridge this year, and cyclist will be asked to pay £1 for their crossing. Tickets will be available both at the Yarmouth checkpoint, and at Cowes before boarding.....
- You can start at any of the checkpoints on the day.
- There is no parking at any of the checkpoints specifically - please do not bring your cars to them on the day, but instead use public car parks where available. Yarmouth for example has a large car park in town, near to the checkpoint.
- Please bring with you a printout of your Entry Number that was emailed to you - we will exchange this for a Brevet card at your first checkpoint. Without the printout of your entry number, you will need to join the queues to re-register.
- As you progress around the route, you can get your Brevet card stamped at each of the checkpoints.
- There are feed stations are Wootton, Yarmouth and Bembridge checkpoints - snacks available at others also.
- If you are coming across to the island on the day from the Southampton or Portsmouth, on the 0800 car ferry sailings, we will have a member of the team on-board so you can exchange your registration number for a brevet card on the boat and therefore no need to stop at the first checkpoint.
- All children under the age of 16 must be accompanied by a responsible adult and participants under the age of 18 must have a signed parental consent form; the form can be found here and must be handed to checkpoint on the day.
- When you return to your starting checkpoint, and collect your last stamp, you can pick up a completion Certificate. Badges are also available for £4.