*new* Mobile App
For 2018, a talented member of the Wayfarers has developed a Digital Brevet Card mobile application that replaces the traditional Brevet card - if it takes off, this is the just the beginning.... our collective imagination is the limit!
We're going to soft launch it in 2018 with a Beta test.... we'd love you to join the test provided you meet the following criteria...
- You have an Android phone (if the feedback is positive, we will also do an apple version in 2019)
- You have registered for the Randonnee already and have your registration number handy
- You're happy to take the risk of installing an application from Google Play Store that is in Beta testing.
- You're happy to complete a survey at the end and provide us your feedback.
How does it work?
- Download and install the App from Google Play
- Launch the app and put in your registration details
- You're good to go...!
- Go to your starting checkpoint (or the 08:00 Ferries from Southampton or Portsmouth) and scan the checkpoint's QR code.... you're off..
- As you get to each checkpoint on the Randonnee, you scan the QR code at the checkpoint. The app will update and show progress...
- Once you have completed the Randonnee, and return to your original checkpoint, the final scan of that Checkpoint's QR code completes the ride - you show this to the checkpoint staff, who will be delighted to present you with a well earned certificate.
How do I take part in the Beta test this year:
What information do we collect?
We do not collect or store any personally identifiable data through the application. We will ask you for your Randonnee registration number to register your use of the application, and which route you intend to do and this will be stored outside the mobile application. Each time you scan a QR code at a checkpoint, we will store the time you scanned and your registration number and this also will be stored outside the mobile application.
How do we use the information?
The information we collect will only be used by our mobile application.
What information do we share?
We will not share any information with 3rd parties.